Try adding nutritional foods to your diet instead of limiting your diet. Add in healthy food you want to eat, like deep-red cherries, juicy grapes, or crunchy snow peas.
Keep favorite fruits into your bag for lunch and breakfast cereal; add the vegetables into soups, stews, and sauces.
The new dietary reference values for protein for adults are 0.8 grams per kilogram of body weight. This translates to about 0.36 grams of protein per pound.
Your Daily Diet
Your daily diet must contain enough protein to replenish these amino acids. Thus, if you are vegetarian and do not eat food from animal sources, you need to eat a variety of plant proteins in combination to ensure that you get enough of the essential amino acids.
Examples of foods that provide plant protein include soy, nuts, seeds, legumes, vegetables, and whole grains. However, over the course of a day, the average American diet includes almost double the protein needed to help maintain a healthy body.
Using of Carb Blockers
Using the carbohydrates and proteins charts available online on a number of websites, you can easily calculate how much protein your body needs.
Most health experts recommend eating a balanced, healthy diet to maintain or to lose weight. The basic components of a healthy diet include the right amount of:
- Protein (found in fish, meat, poultry, dairy products, eggs, nuts, and beans)
- Fat (found in animal and dairy products, nuts, and oils)
- Carbohydrates (found in fruits, vegetables, pasta, rice, grains, beans and other legumes, and sweets)
- Vitamins (such as vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K)
- Minerals (such as calcium, potassium, and iron)